Welcome to Week 11 of ANZ 23 Mobile Things!
Last week was Week 10 in which we explored Thing 9 “QR Codes”. Here’s a short list of the major content from that week:
- Introduction to Thing 9: QR codes by Adrian Jenkins (@adeej)
- Twitter chat on pros and cons of always being connected
- Archived Twitter Chat 3 (pros and cons of always being connected)
- Wrap-up post also by Adrian Jenkins
This week we are exploring social reading.
What’s happening this week…
Begin with exploring the Introduction post to “Thing 10: Social Reading” by Hayley Crookes.
Also share with us the ONE non-fiction book you recommend for all librarians! You can do this on Twitter with #anz23mthings #OneBook hashtags, a Facebook comment, blog post comment or any other way you like!
What should I do this week?
- Read the Introduction to Thing 10
- Check out Goodreads and LibraryThing using the ideas in the intro post
- Share your must-read non-fiction book for all librarians!
Coming up… Augmented reality!
Next week we are investigating augmented reality – I don’t know much about this one, but it sounds neat!
As always, don’t forget to check us out online regularly so that you don’t miss out on all the interaction that is going on!
- Blog: anz23mobilethings.wordpress.com
- Twitter: @anz23mthings
- Facebook: ANZ 23 Mobile Things
- Flickr: ANZ 23 Mobile Things
Please also check out the original 23 Mobile Things online as well; we are remixing their content for this group and really enjoy collaborating with them!
If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail either myself or Kate – we’d love to hear from you.
Have a great week!
Abigail and Kate.