Welcome to the ANZ 23 Mobile Things course! We are very excited about working with all of you and sharing this learning journey together.
How the course will work
Basically, as you can see from our Timetable, we are exploring 1 Thing a week. At the start of each week, we will look at the blog post from the official 23 Mobile Things blog (you can see Thing 1 here), and also come up with our own post detailing variations/perspectives/challenges on the Thing. Each post is divided into three sections:
- Discover (what the Thing is all about)
- Explore (do it for yourself, experiment!)
- Thinking points (how can you use it personally, in your library, etc? Reflection and implementation)
You can spend up to 1-2 hours (or more if you would like) exploring the Thing on your mobile device. We hope each week to have a social activity or challenge (such as a Twitter chat, Google hangout, Facebook discussion, reflection challenge) that you are welcome to join in. At the end of each week, someone (either one of us or a lovely volunteer) will do a quick Storify round-up of the happenings of the week (for example, top 5-10 tweets, related discussions, blog posts, photos, etc…) as a summary of what we have learned.
How you can join in
The fun part about a group like this is the interaction, so please do share your thoughts and ideas with the group. You can do this in a multitude of ways, for example:
- leave a comment on the blog
- tweet about what you are learning
- join in the Facebook discussions
- create a short presentation like a Prezi and share the link with us
- write a blog post and share the link with us
- take a photo and share with us
- start a Google hangout
- share what you are learning with your work colleagues
- answer our short (and fun!) surveys so we can track how much everyone is learning
- Anything else you can think of – the sky is the limit!
Leave a comment, or e-mail myself or Kate. I’m also working on a FAQ and will add your questions to that for the benefit of all.
Can’t wait to start with you guys on Thing 1 on May 6th! But don’t wait until then, week 0 is next week. Come and introduce yourself, fill in our short survey, set up a Twitter account if you don’t already have one and get geared up for the start of this fun course!
New Professionals NZ